Congratulations on your purchase of a CHARRIOL timepiece. French creative
design coupled with Swiss precision and backed up by stringent quality control
at every stage of its manufacture, make this timepiece a truly exceptional
product. Each genuine CHARRIOL watch has its serial and product model
numbers engraved on the back of the case.
Your CHARRIOL watch is guaranteed under normal usage against all defects in
workmanship and materials for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase,
provided the watch was purchased from an authorized CHARRIOL dealer and the
Guarantee booklet was correctly filled out by your CHARRIOL dealer including
the date of purchase, serial and product model numbers, and the dealer's
signature and stamp. Any part found by a CHARRIOL Technical Service Centre to
have a manufacturing defect will, at their sole discretion, be replaced free of
charge. No other claims under this guarantee, except those explicitly indicated
herein, will be allowed.
Only an authorized CHARRIOL watchmaker is qualified to service your watch.
All guarantee service must be performed by an authorized CHARRIOL Technical
Service Centre upon presentation of a valid guarantee booklet. You are
responsible for all shipping,
handling and insurance charges associated with work performed by an
authorized service provider.
THIS GUARANTEE DOES NOT COVER :
- Battery, leather strap, metal bracelet, clasp, crystal, case or its parts.
- Damage or defects resulting from accident, misuse, abuse or negligence
(scratched or cracked case or crystal, damaged crown, etc.)
- Regular maintenance service.
- Reasonable wear and tear.
- Damage caused by moisture, unless the watch bears the engraving "water
water-resistant" on the back of the case.
- Service provided by anyone other than an authorized
CHARRIOL Technical Service Centre will automatically void this
A list of authorized CHARRIOL Technical Service Centres worldwide can be
found in the Guarantee booklet accompanying your timepiece.
CHARRIOL reserves the right to discontinue the production of replacement parts
for any model after expiry of the guarantee period.
This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights, which may vary from one
country to country.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Warning ! Unless your watch has "water-resistant" engraved on the back of the case it must not be exposed to moisture or liquids of any kind.
Water-resistant models have been stringently tested. However, the seals that ensure water-resistance may deteriorate with age and lose their effectiveness. We therefore recommend that you have your watch checked for water-resistance every two years, preferably prior to vacations.
It is advisable to have the seal and battery changed at that time. Should any condensation appear and remain under the crystal, it may be a sign that the seals are defective, they should be changed as soon as possible to avoid damage to the movement or dial.
Replacing the Battery and Movement
The second hand on your CHARRIOL watch* also serves as a "low battery" indicator. When the second hand jumps in 4-second increments, the battery must be replaced. Average battery life is 2 years and the date printed on the sticker on the back of the watch-case is the expiry date.
We recommend that you have the battery replaced by an authorized CHARRIOL Technical Service Centre in order to ensure your guarantee remains valid. The seals will automatically be replaced at the same time to maintain proper water-resistance.
The movement of your CHARRIOL watch - particularly if it is mechanical (manual or automatic) - should be checked by an authorized CHARRIOL Technical Service Centre every 3 to 4 years to ensure optimum functioning.
Changing Bracelets and Straps
We recommend that you have your bracelet or strap changed by an authorized CHARRIOL watchmaker, to ensure expert workmanship. Leather straps are not water-resistant, and exposure to liquids could adversely affect their quality and appearance.
After swimming, particularly in sea water, we recommend rinsing any water resistant watch well in fresh water and wiping it with a soft, clean, dry cloth. This will help keep it looking good and in perfect running order.
Solid Gold / Silver
- Avoid scratching with hard objects. It may cause the product to lose its shiny surface or to speed up oxidization.
- Many daily substances contain chemicals which could cause damage to coating on your watch. Take off your watch while putting on cosmetic, playing sports or cleaning with chemicals.
Gold-plated / Black PVD Coating
Gold-plated and silver parts of the watch are not solid gold items, their colour would be subject to natural oxidation and change of weather and become tarnished or colour fading after certain duration of use or storage.
- Black cable bands are coated under PVD process, same as the other materials plating in gold and silver, its plating after a duration of use could fade. Do not scratch them on hard surface and avoid contact with salt-water, chemicals like soap, perfume on the coating surface.
- The colour of the gold-plated, black-plated and silver parts could tarnish subject to human sweat.
- Even though the cable watch band has a flexible design, do not over stretch it against opposite direction or stretch it in a certain position for a long time.
*Not on all models